We all know how expensive energy and electricity has become and it's now even more crucial at your hospitality business to make informed choices when it comes to your equipment.
With technology advancing rapidly, modern equipment has become more energy-efficient than ever before, saving both money and reducing our carbon footprint. This is where energy efficiency ratings come into play. Understanding and comparing these ratings can help you make more sustainable and economical choices for your business, saving you money in the process!
At Flexikitch, we believe in providing our customers with not only high-quality kitchen equipment but also the information they need to make wise decisions.
We're delving into the world of energy efficiency ratings and help you understand how to compare equipment effectively and which equipment will be best for your business.
Understanding Energy Efficiency Ratings
Energy efficiency ratings are standardised labels applied to various electrical equipment, making it easier for consumers to compare their energy-saving potential. These labels are designed to provide vital information, helping you choose equipment that not only meet your needs but also help you save money on your bills.
The most common energy efficiency rating labels you'll come across in Australia are:
Energy Rating Label: This label provides a star rating from 1 to 6, with more stars indicating higher energy efficiency. The label also includes an estimate of the appliance's annual energy consumption, helping you determine its impact on your electricity bills.
Water Efficiency Label: For equipment like dishwashers and washing machines, this label indicates water consumption and efficiency. The higher the water efficiency rating, the less water the appliance uses.
MEPS (Minimum Energy Performance Standards): MEPS ensure that equipment meet a minimum level of energy efficiency. Look for equipment that meet or exceed these standards to save energy and money.
5 tips to choosing the most cost-effective and energy-efficient equipment
When comparing equipment at Flexikitch, there are several factors to consider. It's essential to weigh your options based on your specific needs and usage patterns.
Here are some of our top tips to help you compare equipment effectively and get the best energy-saving results:
- Consider the Equipment Type: Different equipment has varying energy efficiency ratings. For example, refrigerators with higher star ratings may cost more upfront, but they will save you more money over time. Consider your needs and which equipment will have the most significant impact on your energy consumption.
- Look at the Annual Energy Consumption: The annual energy consumption estimate provided on the Energy Rating Label is a great way to compare the long-term cost of operating the appliance. Lower annual energy consumption is generally better for your wallet and the environment.
- Assess Water Efficiency: For warewashing equipment, water efficiency can be just as crucial as energy efficiency. Look for equipment that not only use less water but also have a good energy rating.
- Consider Special Features: Some equipment comes with energy-saving features like timers, sensors, and energy-efficient modes. These features can enhance an appliance's energy efficiency, so weigh them in your decision-making process.
- Check for Rebates and Incentives: In Australia, there are often government rebates and incentives for purchasing energy-efficient equipment. Check if the appliance you're interested in qualifies for any of these, as they can significantly reduce your initial cost.
By considering these factors and comparing energy efficiency ratings, you can make well-informed decisions when selecting equipment for your kitchen. Not only will you save on your energy bills, but you'll also reduce your carbon footprint, contributing to a more sustainable future.
At Flexikitch, we offer a wide range of energy-efficient kitchen equipment that meets or exceeds the minimum energy performance standards. We believe in providing our customers with options that not only enhance their kitchen but also align with their commitment to sustainability.
Understanding and comparing energy efficiency ratings of equipment is essential for reducing your energy costs and environmental impact. Flexikitch is here to support you on your journey to making energy-efficient choices that align with your needs, values, and budget.
If you’re wondering if you could save more on your commercial equipment energy bills, get in touch and we’d be happy to take you through the most cost-effective options for your business.