Flexikitch Pty Ltd (ACN 165 458 891)("Flexikitch", "we", "our" or "us")is in the business of retailing and leasing kitchen and refrigeration equipment. Flexikitch operates a website under the domain name www.flexikitch.com.au("Website").
Werecognise the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information of the individuals we deal with in conducting our business.
- engage us to sell you goods or provide you with our services;
- contact us to enquire about our services; or
- visit our Website.
How is personal information collected by Flexikitch?
Flexikitchgenerally collects personal information from you directly, for example when you:
- contact us to enquire about our services, whether by telephone, email, fax, via an on-line enquiry, or in person; or
- engage us to sell you goods orprovide you with our services.
We sometimes also collect personal information from other sources such as:
- trade and industry partners and contacts;
- credit reporting agencies; and
- publicly available sources of information.
We will take reasonable steps to notify youaboutour collection of your personal information, and will provide all relevant information prescribed under the Privacy Act.
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will destroy or de-identify any personal information we receive if we would not ordinarily be permitted to collect that information under the Privacy Act.
What kinds of personal information are collected by Flexikitch?
The personal information we may collect includes:
- yourname or other online identity;
- general contact information such as address, telephone, fax and email;
- any queries you have, and our response to those queries;
- the goods or services you acquire from us; and
- financial information including bank account and credit card details to process payments.
How is personal information used by Flexikitch?
We will use the personal information we collect from you to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business. This includes:
- supplying our products and services to you;
- responding to your queries;
- marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities;
- enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
- conducting credit checks; and
- providing quality assurance for our services and monitoring the performance of our business.
How is personal information disclosed by Flexikitch?
We may disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- to a manufacturer for the purposes of dealing with a warranty claim;
- for the purposes of registering a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register, if applicable; and
- other disclosures incidental to our carrying out our business.
If Flexikitchsells all or part of its business operations to another party, our client database may form part of the sale such that personal information is disclosed to the new owner of the business.
Flexikitchwill not otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, except asotherwise required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
We do not disclose personal information to any recipients located outside Australia except as required or permitted under the Privacy Act, except that we may use an overseas server to host some of all of our business data, including your personal information.
Does Flexikitchuse personal information for direct marketing communications?
We may contact you using the contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you withdirect marketing communications about our services and business.
We will comply with our obligations under Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in relation to such direct marketing communications.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
How does Flexikitchstore personal information?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal informationfrom misuse, interference, and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We store personal information we collect on secure servers and/or in hardcopy records stored in secure access facilities. We require our employees and contractors to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we hold.
Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
How can I access, change or delete Flexikitch's records of my personal information?
You may request access to our records of your personal information by contacting us using the details set out below. We will generally make your information available to you within 14 days of receiving your request. However, we may require you to pay a reasonable charge for access. We also reserve the right to refuse you access to your information in certain circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
Flexikitch will use its best endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to update your personal information, please contact Flexikitchusing the details set out below to request an amendment to your record. Where it is established that personal information we hold about you is not accurate or up-to-date, we will take all steps necessary to amend it.
Changes to the FlexikitchPolicy
How can I make a query or complaint about privacy?
- write to us at:
- Privacy Officer
- Flexikitch Pty Ltd
- PO Box 2030
- OAK PARK, VIC 3046
- telephone us on1300 769 161or
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flexikitchtakes complaints seriously, and upon receipt will examine the complaint and instigate internal procedures to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.